The Palm House, Sefton Park
Sefton Park’s ‘Great Conservatory’ was a gift to the city of Liverpool by local benefactor Henry Yates Thompson. When it first opened to the public in 1896 it quickly became a popular visitor attraction.
The Palm House fell into a state of dereliction in the 1990s but after a public campaign and multi million pound restoration, this Grade 2* listed building re opened its doors to visitors in 2001 and has since enjoyed a new lease of life as a lively arts and cultural venue.
The fabulous building will be the beautiful
setting for this year’s Conference Dinner.